T he Mae A. Stump Funeral Home, Inc. was founded in 1906 by Curtin D. Stump a Great Uncle of the current owner. Curtin was the son of John K. and Catherine (Leibensperger) Stump, of Kutztown, Pennsylvania. The first location was at 19 West Main Street, Fleetwood; it was later it was moved to 40 West Main Street where he continued as a funeral director and had a furniture business. He was active in local organizations and was treasurer of the Fleetwood School Board at the time of his death in May, 1913, aged 30 years. The funeral and furniture business was continued by his youngest brother, James W. Stump. Mr. James Stump was married to Clara M. Kieffer and the father of two daughters, Sara Elyn and Mae A. Stump. Mr. Stump acquired a Victor dealership, now known as RCA, after he discontinued the furniture store. The family's residence was moved to another address in 1924, he provided facilities to conduct funerals from his place of business and was able to seat about 100 people.